Tuesday, July 11, 2017


Things I've Learned From My Garden . . .

In a planter on my front porch, I have four of the same kind of decorative plant.  If I told you only the name, it would give you an idea of what the plant looked like but you would need a more detailed description to get a better idea of the beauty and variety planted in the same container.  This is a wonderful visual example of community - the type of community I see here at First Pres.  When I look at my Father's creations flourishing in the same planter, I think of all of the many ways that  members of church and staff use their different gifts and talents to contribute to the whole body of Christ and create something more beautiful than they could have on their own. Many, including me, have been blessed by this beautiful community as they love and care for each other through hardship, joy and loss.  May God continue to blend the varied gifts of this community to His honor and glory. Hebrews 10:24
 - Joyce Ladd

No comments:

Post a Comment